We connect local Toledo area people to local events in our community through live music, event listings, family fun, contest giveaways and more!
Quality of life is a top priority here in the 419, and that includes cultural activities, sporting events, family time and more. Use this Web site for updates on some of the events going on in Toledo and throughout our area.
The 22nd Century Committee
Working together, leaders from the private and public sectors have founded the 22nd Century Committee. This partnership is intended to provide catalytic leadership and strategic direction on the renaissance and revitalization of Toledo’s downtown urban core.
The vision of the 22nd Century Committee is to achieve a thriving and sustainable Toledo metropolitan core that will be realized through successful partnerships and collaboration between the private and public sector.
The 22nd Century Committee will focus on a number of critical initial strategies to re-energize our urban core, including:
- Establishing and expanding a collaborative leadership network beyond the 22nd Century Committee to gain feedback, identify gaps, build trust, and provide stewardship for the network. Inclusivity from many individuals and organizations throughout the community is a primary tenet of this committee.
- Collaboratively building on the work of others who have had input on the 2011 city master plan, the committee will develop a comprehensive Strategic Downtown Development Plan for the City of Toledo that will serve as the road map for public/private development opportunities for Toledo’s urban core, with specific focus on priority areas of commercial development, the arts, transportation, retail, housing and infrastructure enhancements.
- Options that may be considered by the 22nd Century Committee would include:
- Helping to establish business improvement districts, further expanding the urban entertainment district, identifying an affordability strategy, developing a long-term downtown retail strategy, and placing emphasis on re-developing a strong office market downtown
- Addressing basic needs such as hunger and education through specific subcommittees, ensuring that the economic, social and education needs of the city’s future are identified and addressed
- Identifying educational opportunities, relevant to each of the key areas
- Promoting an atmosphere of inclusion, and of inclusive growth with ongoing opportunities for open dialogue with potential investors and the public to gain input and help ensure a thriving Toledo and surrounding communities
- Identifying and working to secure funding opportunities and seeking ways to enhance access to capital that support development projects enhancing the growth, evolution and sustainability of the urban core.
To learn more about the work of the 22nd Century Committee, please follow this link: